European Association of Hotel and Tourism Schools (AEHT)
The AEHT is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) enjoying consultative status with the Council of Europe.Founded in 1988, it has a membership of around 430, with an AEHT national representative in 44 European countries.
The prime objective of the association is to promote a European outlook among Hotel and Tourism Schools by
- Providing a means of communication between European Hotel and Tourism Schools
- Making more widely known the information about hospitality education in other countries
- Encouraging exchanges of students and teachers
- Creating closer links between schools and businesses
- Pooling teaching methods and materials, knowledge and skills
One of the distinctive features of the AEHT is that it includes in its activities all parties in the educational system, not only heads of schools, but also teachers and students. A large range of events is organised to meet the needs of all of these groups.